Following my first ever #MonthlyBucketList on www.twinderelmo.co.uk , I review my January goals (spoiler alert – I was high on chocolate and new year optimism!). This PDR took place on my sofa over a crumpet and nutella feast.
- Re-start no-drinking Sunday to Tuesdays (3 nights off, 4 nights on – so healthy yah?) – Yes! This has been made easier by the meds I take for my creaky lung and penny watching.
- Get up 20 mins earlier, park further away and walk to work for fitness + save money – Only once. It’s been cold and rainy and I always leave work late, in a rush to get home #excuses
- Go on Yoga day and actually try to empty my mind of to-do lists and relax – I did it was amazing read about it here I could happily give up 2 nights in the pub for a retreat day like this every month.
- Try not to have chocolate and crisps every day (ok think about it, maybe only on 5 days) – Simply not possible. I snack healthily until about 3-4pm then Mumma gots to gets me some sugar!
- Start new pilates class in my first ever (since having kids) morning ‘off’- I went twice then had to pull out due to work/child demands #fail
- Conquer (at least fight) my absurd need to tidy while the kids are mid-house-destruction – I have been far better with this. I shall have to continue to work on this (is there an AA meeting for this?)
- Actually take the kids to a shoe shop to get measured and stop guessing – Yes! Got talked into buying some fairly impractical but seriously cool boots for both
- Get kid’s hair chopped – Although the bear has such a prolific barnet we may need to go back soon.
- Get Gumdrops potty-trained. No kids in nappies? Incentive enough! – Yes, she has done amazingly well. She’s still having random accidents. Early days.
- Organise 5th birthday party for the bear (invitations and party bags) – I’ve just piggy-backed on to a joint party.
I won’t appraise the remainder of my January List – it was my 1st and rather lengthy (and naïve)! Let’s say they’re my 2016 goals.Read my January Bucket List here.
February Bucket List
- Start 1st reviews (book and restaurant) + and 1st interview on my blog
- Write post on my essential beauty products
- Grow my Facebook input and followers (I’ve only just started on it)
- Use a picture app, such as picmonkey to produce pinable images
- Buy all ingredients and produce a Scooby Doo 5th birthday cake. What? Nooooo. Please no. I have never worked with ‘fondant icing’ before and am intimidated by it. But I shall try.
- Organise a fun 5th birthday day out for the bear in half term – maybe Natural History Museum?
- Tell the bear he is moving to a new school (a big one, I am anxious about this one)
- Be organised for business trip to Frankfurt: 1 small carry on, passport and sensible footwear!
- Turn the spare room into a more efficient home office
- Let poor cable boy have a lie-in
- Set goals that are achievable in 29 days!